Thursday, April 1, 2010

A little clarity on "The Church"

Originally posted at http://raycomfortfood.blogspot.com/ The "Atheist Central Blog" on March 30th 2010
"Lurker said... Excuse me, Pastor Ray, I enjoyed your service, but I think that it is funny that you bring up the importance of da Vinci's notebooks.... are you aware that Leonardo da Vinci gained valuable knowledge about the workings of the human body by going against the will of the church and dissecting corpses, an act that would have surely landed him in a load of religious trouble? How do you feel about the church's involvement in holding back science and medicine, historically, as well as the role of religious groups holding back science today?"

Ray Comfort's response
Lurker...I think you are a little confused as to the biblical meaning of the words "the Church." According to the Bible it's those who love God, irrespective of their denomination. The Church is called a number of things in Scripture--"The Body of Christ," "believers" "saints" and Christians."

It was rather the Roman Catholic church (small “c”) that held back science, imprisoned Galileo, was responsible for The Inquisition (the torture of Christians), The Crusades, etc. The Catholic church is still at it today. It is filled with pedophiles, officially rejects the authority of Genesis, and instead embraces the fairytale of evolution.

By the way, I love Roman Catholics as much as I do atheists. None of the above is untrue. Still, watch atheists call me a Catholic-basher/hater, because I mention these undeniable facts.

A comment on this post:

If the Roman Catholic Church (capitol "C" as it is the name of the church) says evolution is true, then it is true. The Church is infallible.

As Jesus said to St. Peter: "And I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld will not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven" Matt 16:18-19


Does anyone else see the difference between one who believes in Christ and trust in the infallible word of God and one who believes in the Catholic Church and trust in the fallible Catholic Religion?

No comments: